Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I See You, Mom

Last June, I sat with my feet in the sand in Destin Florida and was in awe as I stared out at the ocean.......as I always am.  The ocean is so big and sometimes roars and is loud, but at the same time is just as beautiful,  calming, peaceful and relaxing. It does something to my soul.  It reminds me of who is in charge. It reminds me that even though I am but a speck of sand in this great big world, the Lord's thoughts of me would outnumber the grains of sand!  Psalms 139:17-18 says "17- How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! 18- Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand-when I awake, I am still with you."  How awesome to know that the creator of the universe thinks of me in numbers that I can't even count!



I started working on this last June. What started out as feelings I was thinking about turned into mom watching, whether it was at that beach, in the grocery store, at the ballpark, on social media.....you get the gist. My eyes watched other mom's eyes. I could see things that they were trying so hard not to let others see.  I shared in some of their thoughts and decided to jot them down.  


I See You, Mom

To the mom who longs for a little bit of peace and quiet, I see you

To the mom who works tirelessly and effortlessly to make sure her babies have all they need, I see you

To the mom who eats, showers and sleeps......last, I see you

To the mom whose hands are full but always squeezes in one more item to carry because a little one just can't, I see you

To the mom who wants to sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee peacefully or with a friend, I see you 

To the mom who washes all the laundry and feels extremely accomplished, only to find that one pair of undies left on the bathroom floor, I see you

To the mom who is staring off into the deepest nooks of her thoughts, I see you

To the mom who is trying to keep up with the Jones', I see you

To the mom who cries because she just can't hear "mama" for the gazillionth time today, I see you

To the mom who patiently longs to hear her little one say "Momma" for the first time, I see you

To the mom who watches her child struggle with everyday seemingly simple things, I see you

To the mom who longs for true meaningful lifelong friendships, I see you

To the mom who feels alone, I see you

To the mom whose child is sick with cancer, a heart defect, breathing issue or any other special need, I see you

To the mom who works two jobs or more so her children can have what they need, I see you

To the mom who stays up late to clean because she didn't have time during the day, I see you

To the mom who protects her children no matter the cost, I see you

To the mom who is tired and weary, I see you

To the mom whose heart is joyful at her child's accomplishments but sad because her child doesn't need her like before, I see you

To the mom who cries quietly while hiding in a closet or taking a shower because she is overwhelmed, I see you

To the mom who replaces batteries in annoying toys for the umpteenth time, I see you

To the mom who cleans up a runny nose or changes sheets in the middle of the night for one reason or another, I see you

To the mom who gets dressed in clothes other than a tshirt and yoga pants, only to find a spit up stain, I see you

To the mom smiling from ear to ear because her little one just learned to walk or ride a bike, I see you

To the mom who is getting ready to send her baby off to kindergarten or college, I see you

To the mom who is the only constant in her little ones life, I see you

To the mom who feels as though her kids aren't as smart, athletic, gifted as others are, I see you

To the mom who feels like she doesn't fit in with that social, sports, church or any group for that matter, I see you

To the mom who is on the go all the time, I see you

To the mom cheering on the sidelines, I see you

To the mom who longs for a hug, I see you

To the mom who feels crazy some days, I see you

To the mom who feels she is not good enough, I see you

To the mom who hides behind her smile so others don't see her hurts, I see you

To the mom who works but longs to stay at home with her little one, I see you

To the mom who wakes up multiple times during the night making sure her babies are safe, I see you

To the mom who is doing life alone, I see you

To the mom who is just trying to make it through each day, hour by hour, minute by minute, I see you

To the mom who feels like she is living a mundane life, I see you

To the mom who kisses every boo-boo, wipes up little hands and feet, gives away the last sip of her favorite drink, gives night night butterfly hugs and kisses, rocks the little one back to sleep when she herself hasn't slept any, I see you

And so does HE!

Every little thing you feel whether good or bad and everything you do is important....it IS important even when you feel no one notices or cares. He notices and cares.

You see, He made you. He knows your feelings of worry, strain, stress, loneliness, and even your feelings of inadequacy.

He knows your joys and your happy's. 

He sees all that you are and all that you do no matter how big or small.

You mom, were created by the most High God. A loving and heavenly Father.

A father who knows the pain of losing a child. A father who knows the feelings of rejection. A father who knows the true meaning of love more that anyone could ever imagine.  A father, who willingly gifted His only son, so that you could spend eternity with Him.  A father who is loving, faithful, forgiving and full of immeasurable grace.

He knows you inside and out. Luke 12:6-7 "6- Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7- Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

He sees you, He loves you and He is always, always there for you. You are never alone.

Give it to Him and let it go. Give it all to Him and let it go. Even if it means that you do it over and over, let it go.  Run to the one who knows you and made you in the palm of His hands!

You, mom, are their treasure. But most importantly, you are HIS treasure.

I heard this song a few months ago and just love it!! It ties in so much with my thoughts.  I am so thankful that God allowed me to hear it. Maybe He wanted me to add it? ;-)

PLEASE take a minute and watch it!!






~A



No comments: