Ok, so, in my last post I mentioned about wearing a heart monitor. Here's the story with that. When I was in high school, I started experiencing funny sensations with my heart. I was checked for mitro-valve prolapse and was told I did not have it. Over the years I have had several ultrasounds and EKG's but nothing became of them. During these weird flutters , they have often times taken my breath away, made me cough and most recently, made me feel like I was going to pass out. The best way I can explain what it feels like is that my heart feels like it is jumpstarting and I feel them at anytime during the day. When the "pass out feeling" happened, my mom said....You're going to see a cardiologists. Ummm, yes ma'am! I made the appointment and again, an EKG was performed. It was normal. Blood pressure was normal etc. I told the Dr. what I had been experiencing and she suggested I wear a Holter monitor for a month. Yep, a month!
Sooo, this was my hip buddy for a month. It took some getting used to, then it was as if it was apart of my body to begin with, then when I took it off, I felt like something was missing all the time. Weird huh? Well, the outcome of wearing the heart monitor is that I have chronic heart palpitations. My heart stops beating and then kicks back.....almost like a rubber band does when you stretch it out and let it go. Well, that's how she explained it to me. When it kicks back, that's the flutter or jump start feeling I feel. There's nothing really that can be done about it she said. They don't really know why some people experience these and some people don't. I'm glad to know that it seems as though nothing is wrong, but I guess I'll always have that nagging feeling or thought in my mind that this is NOT normal.
Other than that, I am ok. I am physically and emotionally exhausted after the events of the last few weeks. I feel as though I haven't fully bounced back from my surgery with everything going on. If you ask me about my mom, I'll literally burst into tears. I guess I'm a little more fragile that I would like to think I am.
I know my mom will be fine. But she's my mom and I don't like seeing her hurt in any way. I will say this, if my Aunt Carol had not been there with my mom day in and day out, I don't know how we would have made it. It was not possible for me to be at the hospital all the time. But my Aunt was there during the most critical times and it put my heart and mind at ease knowing she was there and that my mom was safe and being taken care of. Thank you so much and I love you Aunt Carol! You were my mom's angel the last few weeks!
Opening day of baseball starts tomorrow and I'm excited, but along with that comes super super crazy busy running around here and there and everywhere of a life. Totally worth it though! :)
Happy Day friends!!

No comments:
Post a Comment