Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Refreshing Wind

Why does our life have to be such a struggle sometimes? Why can't it always be peachy where everyone gets along and loves one another and treats one another with kindness? Is it because of this time of the year where we celebrate our King's birth and the evil one doesn't like it, so he tries to make it miserable for people? Is it because our children are growing up and that's just what comes with growing up? I don't know what it is, but I feel like my children are fighting more and more everyday. I would be a rich woman if I had a dollar for every time I said, Let's love one another or Jesus says to be kind to one another or STOP FIGHTING!!! I feel so discouraged sometimes and wonder if they will ever truly love each other. Of course, I do see the true love when one of them gets hurt and the other one goes to comfort the one that is hurt, but it's during the fighting times that I wonder.....I definitely can tell that the evil one is at work because he doesn't want kindness and love. He wants confusion, hatred and anything else that goes against how Jesus wants us to act towards one another.

All that to say that He does offer us refreshing wind~literal and spiritual. The last few days have been too cold for the kids to play outside but today has been slightly better. It's warm but the wind makes it chilly..not too chilly though. Anyway, I had the window over my kitchen sink opened to let in some fresh air and I was standing in front of the sink and I was hit with this wind and I thought...how refreshing...how calming. I immediately said Thank you Lord because it was as if it were from Him reminding me that everything is ok and everything will be ok.

You know how when you go to the beach and your sitting in your beach chairs with your feet in the sand and the wind is constantly blowing? Have you ever thought how marvelous it is? How incredibly calming it is to be in the midst of the wind? How all your struggles or problems seem to be a distant memory at that minute? You instantly feel relaxed? That's how I felt earlier this morning when I was hit with my almighty God's wind. It was instant relaxation and a reminder that He is the one in control. I couldn't help but take a deep breath and breathe it all in. It was a reminder to run to Him with my struggles as a mom because just as He says in I Peter 5:7,"Cast all your cares/anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." ALL meaning everything. That means struggles as a mom too. How great it is to know that we can go to Him with every care!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

AWESOME! I could use some of that refreshing wind myself!